Macro Photography @ Georgian College

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): Access denied for user 'nitro734'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home3/nitro734/public_html/don/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in /home3/nitro734/public_html/don/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10

With spring here and an abundance of insects and flowers to photograph, I’ve been busy! Just like this busy honey bee I captured yesterday:

My Macro Photography course is starting at Georgian College, from May 22nd to June 5th.

The course is 15 hours (9 classroom, 6 in the field) and covers all areas of macro photography. From gear to technical info, composition and all the tricks to take fun pictures like this Dandelion refraction image:

I’ll even have preserved snowflakes on hand!

Here’s the details:

Where?: Georgian College Barrie Campus
Who?: Anyone! No prerequisites, and special lenses are not required!
Cost: $132.00
When: May 22 – June 5, 2012, Tuesday Nights 7-10PM
Saturday June 2nd, 9AM-3PM Outing
Course CRN: #35105
Sign Up: Click Here for Georgian College signup page

I’ll need a few more participants in the course before it can run! It’s a great opportunity to expand your photography and learn all my secrets. 🙂 If you know someone that is interested, please pass the info along.

And for those that simply enjoy the photographs with no desire to make your own – here’s a gallery to browse of some recent images:

Comments

1. Cindy
    May 5th, 2012 | 8:13 am

I wish I could take this class!! I love your water droplet photos! Don’t think I could do that with my wee camera though….

Have fun with your class, Donny.

~Cindy~

2. Cathy
    May 11th, 2012 | 6:13 am

Hi there:
    I love your work. I’m wanting to start working in macro but have not purchased the macro gear yet. Is it necessary to have all the gear before starting the course?

3. Cathy
    May 11th, 2012 | 6:14 am

Sorry I should have read more carefully. I see, no special lenses required.

4. Cathy
    May 11th, 2012 | 6:16 am

How many more people do you need for this course to run?

5. May 11th, 2012 | 8:24 am

Thanks very much aunt Cindy, you’d be surprised what the tiniest camera can accomplish with a little help actually! 🙂

Cathy, the course itself, as you noticed, requires no special equipment. There are many ways to get closer to subjects! Some of those ways are special lenses, true – but you’d be surprised about some of the solutions to get closer! I’ll need between 6-7 participants before the course will run. I just checked the numbers, and I’m currently sitting at 3. I’ll be promoting the course to the Barrie Photo Club which should generate some interest as well.

I’m expecting a small class size, so you’ll get more one-on-one time if needed.

6. Cathy
    May 15th, 2012 | 8:06 pm

I signed up last night so I guess you have 4 for sure…sure hope you get enough for the course to run.