Looking Back: The Best of 2011

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home3/nitro734/public_html/don/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in /home3/nitro734/public_html/don/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10

I wanted to take a look at the best artwork I created in the past year, and I had forgotten how many amazing shots were taken so recently. As a photographer, I am constantly trying to achieve greater success and create better art… but 2011 might be hard to beat!

If I had to choose a favourite, I would have to say its “Barrie Under Fire”:

Creating this image was equal parts luck, skill, and stupidity. I’m thrilled with the results and I hope for such amazing luck in the future.

The past year has seen my career really get started. Great success at art shows and exhibits, publications, three cover shots, my first book, teaching at Georgian College and so much more. It has been very hard work, and I’m pleased with where it has brought me.

I’ve put together an gallery of 30 images from 2011 for everyone to look at,

please leave a comment with your favourite!

Comments

1. January 7th, 2012 | 6:26 pm

Ich weis ja nicht ob dieses Bild einen Nanen hat
    Image 10 of 30
    Du grüne neune. Wahnsinn!
    Legst Du dich auf die Lauer?

LG ENESKA

2. Cindy Komarechka
    January 8th, 2012 | 2:43 am

Awesome collection, Donny! I love the Onaping Lake one and the Inukshuk. Very cool.

~Cindy~

3. January 8th, 2012 | 3:11 am

Image 15 pf 30
    Traumhaft,
    wie die Sonne die Wolken von unten beleuchtet und die
    Sterne dadurch sichtbar sind. Die Sonne ist ja schon untergegangen.
    Faszinierende Stimmung.
    Oder ist das eine Montage?

Lässt sich sehr lange betrachten ohne “Lange Weile”.

LG ENESKA

4. January 8th, 2012 | 3:15 am

Image 15 of 30

Da fällt mir was im Vordergrund links auf.
    Kann es sein, dass die Sonne hinter uns steht? Du also nach Osten hin fotographierst?

LG ENESKA

5. Diane Bingham
    January 9th, 2012 | 5:00 pm

Beautiful photos Don, please do not ask to pick my favourite one…they are all just great. Thanks for sharing once again…Aunt Diane & Uncle Ken

6. Diane Enns
    January 13th, 2012 | 2:12 pm

My favorite is Barrie under fire followed by the blooming snowflake and of course eyes of the tiger. They all are really great photo’s.

Love Mom

7. Desi
    January 15th, 2012 | 8:13 pm

Hi sweetheart,

I love all of the photos and remember talking about it around the time you took them. I find it hard to pick a favourite, loving them all so much.

I love you so much too!
    So proud of you Donny, you are a true inspiration! I am sure our home will be full of beautiful art works 🙂 <3

Desi<3Donny

8. February 12th, 2012 | 6:13 pm

I like them all but my favorite ones are the first and the third.
    I found you via the tips from the top floor podcast. I enjoyed very much your talk with Chris.

Saludos cordiales from the north of Spain.

José-Antonio

9. February 13th, 2012 | 8:58 am

Thanks so much everyone! All the compliments are fuel for further creativity 🙂

I’m sure out home will be full of beautiful art from both of us sweetheart! <3

Great to hear you enjoyed the podcast José! Thanks very much for taking the time to visit the blog!